Dear List,
I am posting in my capacity as Conference Director of the Information and Records Management Society. We have an open call for papers for the annual Conference in Brighton 20-22 May 2018.
We have an exciting theme this year - "Back to the Future - from Best Practice to Innovation".
Topic areas are:
Privacy and GDPR - Readiness for and compliance with law and regulation affecting privacy and data processing including the GDPR and the UK Data Protection Bill, PECR, The Law Enforcement Directive, Privacy Shield and Mifid II.
Soft Skills - Skills and knowledge for the information and records management professional, including aspects such as career development, leadership, communication and documentation, team work, project management, contract management and problem solving.
Technological Innovation - How new technological innovations can impact and support information and records management, including for example blockchain, smart contracts, artificial intelligence, visualisation, data analytics and the Internet of Things.
Leveraging Information Value - How to implement information and records management best practices to ensure that information works for an organisation in terms of identifying, protecting and leveraging its informational, evidential, heritage and economic value.
We are particularly looking for contributions from the practitioner community, including case studies or interesting research projects.
Please see http://www.irmsconference.org.uk/call/ The submissions are made via the electronic system  link on this page.
Many Thanks,Ren
Reynold LemingIRMS Conference Director

All user commands can be found at https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/help/subscribers/subscribercommands.html