APOLOGIES FOR CROSS-POSTING

We are delighted to launch a report about Intersex issues, written in collaboration with Intersex activists and others.

This report addresses highly topical issues concerning the human rights and equalities issues faced by intersex people and those with variations of sex characteristics in the UK. It provides an analysis of current medical practices and governance, the legal situation, human rights breaches, and relations between Intersex organisations and LGBT communities. The report also provides innovative analysis in this field, including developing the social model of Intersex health.

The report is available to download for free here<http://eprints.hud.ac.uk/id/eprint/33535/>

Hard copies are available<http://www.store.hud.ac.uk/product-catalogue/human-and-health-sciences/misc/intersex-variations-of-sex-characteristics-and-dsd-the-need-for-change> for £15.00 plus P&P. Please do consider ordering for your library if possible, thanks.

Interested in Intersex Rights issues? Perhaps you would like to come to our conference<https://research.hud.ac.uk/institutes-centres/criss/events/intersex_social_sciences_activism_human_rights_and/> – or to submit an abstract, if you are working in this area? This website is currently under development and the invitation to submit abstracts, and the registration facilities, will be available soon.

With thanks and best wishes,

Surya, Dani Crocetti and Tray Yeadon-Lee

Surya Monro
Professor of Sociology and Social Policy
Director of the Centre for Citizenship, Conflict, Identity and Diversity
Coordinator: REF UoA 22
http://www.hud.ac.uk/ourstaff/profile/index.php?staffid=710
+44 (0) 1484 471424
School of Human and Health Sciences
University of Huddersfield | Queensgate | Huddersfield | HD1 3DH

Latest book - Bisexuality: Identities, Politics and Theories http://www.palgrave.com/page/detail/bisexuality-surya-monro/?isb=9781137007308

University of Huddersfield inspiring tomorrow's professionals.
[http://marketing.hud.ac.uk/_HOSTED/EmailSig2014/EmailSigFooter.jpg]