Dear all,

I think this event (see below) could be of interest to members of the list.

All best,

Maria

Dear all

A reminder that on Thursday October 19th Loughborough University will host a workshop on constituting and communicating care in grassroots organising.

This workshop, supported by the Centre for Research in Communication and Culture and by the Anarchism Research Group and the Politicised Practice Research Group, will see academics, artists and social movement activists come together to begin a conversation about how care can be put at the centre of how grassroots movements and groups organise.

The workshop will adopt a co-production and participatory action research process developing artistic interventions through co-research conducted with activists involved in social movement organisations. This will take the form of an explorative examination of issues of care in social movements – care for those marginalised in daily life and in mainstream organisations, care for the self, collective responsibilities around care, care for physical, mental and emotional health in organisations – and will identify some core areas of concern to be developed further.

The workshop will take the form of an open discussion and will run from 11am to 4pm, with a break for lunch, which is provided.

For more information see the event website: http://www.lboro.ac.uk/research/crcc/events/eventslist/constituting-and-communicating-care-in-grassroots-organisations.html

There are a small number of places available at this workshop and we would invite anyone interested to reserve a place through eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/workshop-on-care-in-grassroots-organising-tickets-38102189675 If you do register, please email me to let me know of any accessibility and/or dietary requirements.

If you have any questions please get in touch: [log in to unmask]

Yours,

Thomas Swann