From: A forum for critical and radical geographers [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of simone tulumello [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 04 October 2017 13:46
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Catalonia referendum

Dear Valerià,
how "critical" is the idea that there's only international "non-partisan" sources around? (And I'm not even getting into a discussion of how much "non-partisan" the BBC is...)
Regards,
Simone

Dear critical geographers,

The situation in Catalonia/Spain is getting worse.

Please do follow the international press in order to understand what is happening, such as:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-41493014
Other sources are partisan.

We strongly urge for international supervision, help and solidarity.

Kindest regards,

V.

Today, general strike in Catalonia in response to brutal abuse of power by Spanish police during the referendum and contempt for democracy by Spanish government. It’s not just a matter of the claim for independence: it’s about freedom and basic human rights… for 7,500,000 EU (EU?) citizens.

Please, watch and share videos on police actions during October 1st referendum.
https://twitter.com/hashtag/HelpCatalonia
https://twitter.com/hashtag/catalanreferendum
https://twitter.com/hashtag/Catalonia
http://www.ccma.cat/tv3/alacarta/telenoticies-vespre/analisi-de-lactuacio-de-la-policia-nacional-i-la-guardia-civil/video/5692139/

Thanks for solidarity!

Open letters…sent before the referendum:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/sep/21/spains-dangerous-bid-to-block-catalan-vote
http://www.ara.cat/2017/09/29/Carta_Academics_Americans.pdf?hash=6ef3fc9870832ae0d5550253b697dbacb970c628
http://www.ara.cat/en/North-American-academics-condemning-Catalonia_0_1878412340.html
https://helpcatalonia.wordpress.com/2017/09/20/open-letter-on-political-repression-in-catalonia-for-academics-based-in-the-uk-and-ireland/
https://helpcatalonia.wordpress.com/2017/09/20/open-letter-on-political-repression-in-catalonia-for-us-mexico-or-canada-academics/

El 29/9/17 a les 17:50, Hillary Shaw ha escrit:
This is getting very interesting, Reuters says re Madrid, "The central government, which has sent thousands of police reinforcements to the region to prevent people from voting.....".
http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-spain-politics-catalonia/everything-prepared-for-catalan-vote-but-madrid-says-it-wont-happen-idUKKCN1C41FJ

And if Catalonia does secede, will it still be part of the EU?

Dr Hillary J. Shaw
Director and Senior Research Consultant
Shaw Food Solutions
Newport
Shropshire
TF10 8QE
www.fooddeserts.org<http://www.fooddeserts.org>

--
Simone Tulumello
Post-doc research fellow, ULisboa, Instituto de Ciências Sociais

latest publications:

Tulumello S (2017) Fear, Space and Urban Planning. Springer (link<http://www.springer.com/gp/book/9783319439365>) / Tulumello S (2017) The multi-scalar nature of urban security and public safety. Urban Affairs Review (link<http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/1078087417699532>) / Tulumello S Healey P (2016) Questioning planning, connecting places and times. plaNext special issue (link<http://journals.aesop-planning.eu/volume-3/>) / Tulumello S. (2016) Multi-level Territorial Governance and Cohesion Policy. EJSD (link<http://www.nordregio.se/Global/EJSD/Refereed%20articles/Refereed62.pdf>)

webpage<http://www.ics.ulisboa.pt/pessoas/simone.tulumello> / blog<http://simonetulumello.wordpress.com/> / academia.edu<http://unipa.academia.edu/SimoneTulumello> / flickr<http://www.flickr.com/photos/simotulu/> / twitter

<http://twitter.com/SimTulum>