A postdoctoral position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Steven Glynn at Stony Brook University (https://you.stonybrook.edu/glynnlab). We are looking for a highly motivated individual to participate in a collaborative research project to determine the structure and mechanism of proteases that regulate protein quality control in mitochondria.

https://www.nature.com/articles/ncomms13301

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28214511

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/early/2017/09/15/189316

The candidate should hold a Ph. D in Biochemistry, Structural Biology or related field in hand by January 1, 2018. Qualified applicants will have demonstrated experience in molecular biology, and protein expression and purification. Experience in protein structure determination, enzyme activity assays, and yeast protein expression is preferred.

The Glynn Lab is located at Stony Brook University, 60 miles from New York City on Long Island's scenic North Shore. We have access to state of the art facilities in enzymology and structural biology, including the nearby National Synchrotron Light Source II.  The 1,100-acre campus is home to 24,000 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students and more than 13,500 faculty and staff, including those employed at Stony Brook Medicine.

Interested applicants should apply at:

https://stonybrooku.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=1700692&tz=GMT-04:00&lang=en

or by visiting http://www.stonybrook.edu/hr/prospective-employees.shtml and applying to position 1700692

The posting is available until October 31st. Inquiries may be sent to [log in to unmask]

--
Steven E. Glynn, PhD
Assistant Professor