Dear colleagues,

Anyone still using Oxford Cryosystems Cryostream 600 series?
We would like to know if there is interest in a computer program to control these units via a rs232 connection. We are implementing this in our home source.

For data collection, the program allows automated shutdown if no new images are collected for a specified period.

The data collection software in our home source has this functionality but it does not support these old units.  Since our controller is working fine, and is quite robust, we have no reason to replace it.

With this program we can leave data collection running overnight and the cryo shuts down automatically when finished.

Please, let me know if this would be a useful feature to add to your X-ray facility. Reply privately, if you prefer.
Thanks and best wishes
Ana Luisa

Research Assistant Professor at UCIBIO@REQUIMTE-FCT-NOVA
Biologia Estrutural - Cristalografia de Raios-X (Gab 6.34)
Dep. Quimica, FCT-NOVA
2829-516 Caparica
Portugal
Phone: 00351212948300 (ext: Gab: 10940; Lab: 10962; X-ray Lab: 10915)
Fax: 00351212948550
http://docentes.fct.unl.pt/almc
http://sites.fct.unl.pt/xtal
https://www.facebook.com/XtalNOVA/