Could you give us some steps to replicate / test?

Tim Smale
e-Learning Fellow

Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
Keele University

Email: [log in to unmask]

Telephone: 01782 734561

Tim Smale and Sandra Gillham winners of
2017 Blackboard Catalyst Award for
Optimizing the Student Experience

On 10 October 2017 at 09:40, Ball, Danny ([log in to unmask]) <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi All,

Apologies for cross posting, but I’m hoping you can help me with the following issue.

Following our annual Blackboard update we decided to implement the Learn 2016 theme and applied the 100% width fix, as well some other CSS customisations. However, in the last month or so we have been receiving reports from staff members that they are experiencing difficulties performing various actions such as editing items, editing groups i.e. anything that requires the use of the drop-down contextual menu. It seems that if you perform a series of actions one after another, the drop-downs do not always appear and require the page to be refreshed. At other times, you can just navigate to an area such as the ‘Users’ screen within a course and the drop-downs do not appear.

We have been able to replicate the issue on both Windows and Mac using Google Chrome. Has anyone else experienced this or similar issues with the Learn 2016 theme? Unfortunately, Blackboard Support are unable to replicate the issue and are at a loss as to what might be causing this.

We are self-hosted running Blackboard 9.1 Q42016 CU3 (3100.0.3-rel.51+917ccd3).

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Ball

Learning Technology Support Officer