Dear all

The Archive Trainees Group is an informal network of trainees, volunteers and those interested in entering the archive, records management or conservation professions.  We hold about 4-5 visits a year to archives in London and further afield, recent visits include Hull History Centre, Commonwealth War Graves Commission and the Paul Mellon Centre.  These visits include tours of the repositories, talks from those who work there and talks from course directors of the MAs or representatives from recruitment agencies.  Not only are they a great way to see a variety of archives and speak to those working in them but they are also a networking opportunity with others at a similar stage in their career.

If you would like to join the email list of the group or have someone in your team who might be interested, then please drop me a line: [log in to unmask].  If you would like to host a visit then please do also email me!

Our next visit will be to LSE on Friday 10th November and we have a few spaces still available, again, email me if you are interested in attending:

When: Friday 10th November

Where: LSE Library, Lionel Robbins Building, 10 Portugal Street, London WC2A 2HD

Schedule:

2.00 – arrive, tea and coffee

2.15-2.40 – Jenny Bunn, Programme Director of MA Archives and Records Management at UCL

2.40-3.00 – Anna Towlson, Archives and Special Collections Manager with an overview of collections and the work of the Archives and Curation team

3.00-3.20 – Emma Pizarro, Library Assistant on her reader services role and reading room service

3.30-4.00 – Highlights from the collections

4.00-4.30 – Tour of current exhibition with curator Daniel Payne

Directions: The closest tube stations are at Holborn and Temple. There’s currently a lot of building work going on around LSE which has closed off the main route through the campus so please take a look at the campus map: http://www.lse.ac.uk/lse-information/campus-map

Best wishes

Erin

Erin Lee | Head of Archive| National Theatre

NT Archive, NT Studio, 83-101 The Cut, London, SE1 8LL

(020) 7452 3137

http://catalogue.nationaltheatre.org.uk/CalmView/

Opening hours: Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays 10-5; Thursdays 12-8