Hi All,

I thought some of you may be interested in attending a museum-university partnership symposium that is being delivered as part of the ACE funded MUPI project (https://www.publicengagement.ac.uk/work-with-us/current-projects/museum-university-partnerships-initiative) .  Following our MUPI Match networking/sandpit events we’re now looking at how we can develop tools and resources that will benefit the sector.  We will be investing how we can we can support museum and university partnerships in the future through the development of matching events, funding advice/guides, and networking tools.

It would be great to have some input from people in the museum sector, whether you’ve been involved in museum/university partnerships, or are just considering them; and it’ll be an opportunity to meet some academics also keen on developing such partnerships.

It’s fully funded, so free to attend; and we’re particularly keen to hear from as many museums (large and small), so there is small number of travel bursaries to help museums attend – booking link at the bottom of the page.

Apologies for cross posting, and please pass on to your colleagues and networks; and if you’d like any more information on the project please do get in touch with me off-list via [log in to unmask]

See you there,

Paddy

Paddy McNulty

Museums Consultant on the MUPI project

Museum-University Partnership symposium

Thursday, November 2, 2017 - 11:00am to 3:30pm

Friends House, London, NW1 2BJ

Have you ever worked with a university or a museum to deliver a great project? From student interns to public engagement; collections research to new exhibitions; R&D in museum contexts; one off events to long term partnerships – we want to hear from you.

The Museum-University Partnership Initiative (MUPI) is an ACE-funded project that seeks to develop mutually beneficial partnerships between small museums and university academics. We believe that there is lots of potential in museums and universities working together, and are keen to help support new partnerships and initiatives. Over the last 8 months we have been running MUPI Match events, offering opportunities for museums and universities to develop partnerships, and over 70 projects have been initiated across the UK.

In addition to the MUPI Match events we are developing resources to support others wanting to develop museum-university partnerships. This symposium is an opportunity for museum staff and volunteers and academics to come together to:

Celebrate and share great examples of partnership working
Inform the development of resources to help support effective partnership working including navigating funding; matchmaking potential partners; and tools for partnership development
Explore what else needs to happen to encourage mutually beneficial museum-university partnerships now and in the future

Whether you have years of experience, or are just getting started, why not come and join us?

Register for this event

A small number of travel bursaries are available for museum representatives. Please email [log in to unmask] for further details.

Paddy McNulty FRSA

Culture Heritage Museums Consultant

Director: Paddy McNulty Associates Ltd

email: [log in to unmask]

M: 07855 781 467           T: 01992 53 55 68

www.paddymcnulty.co.uk

Paddy McNulty Associates Ltd is a company registered in England & Wales.

Registered Number: 08867794.  Registered Office: 383 Ware Road, Hertford SG13 7EN