The Historic Libraries Forum is delighted to announce that booking is open for its 2017 conference "Keeping the glass half full: strategies for the future", which will be held at Lambeth Palace Library on Monday 13th November.

Speakers will include Melinda Haunton on "Archive Service Accreditation and service development" and Duncan Chappell on recovering from the Glasgow School of Art fire. The event will also feature case studies from Ushaw College (Durham), St Bride Library and the Library of Innerpeffray, with hosts Lambeth Palace Library also presenting plans for their new library and archive service.

The booking fee (£48) includes refreshments, lunch and complimentary attendance at the wine reception, which will follow the conclusion of the conference. The reception is being held in celebration of the Forum's 25th anniversary, and will feature a toast by the its first chair, Peter Hoare.

For further details, and to book, please visit http://www.historiclibrariesforum.org.uk/hlf/events.html

Or email me directly, or ring me on 01789 266422/07759 693694. The closing date is 6 November.

Chris Penney
HLFTreasurer