“There are tens of thousands of Hebrew documents which Iraq looted when the
bustling Jewish community of the country was persecuted and thrown out in
the 1930s and 1940s,” explained Roni Segal, academic adviser for The Israel
Institute of Biblical Studies, a company which teaches Hebrew language and
Biblical studies online, to *Breaking Israel News*. “We are grateful to the
US, under the auspices of the National Archives in Washington, DC, for
restoring and digitizing these artifacts.”

Iraqi officials and other advocates want the archive returned to Iraq, as
per the original agreement. They claim that the documents would be used as
educational tools for Iraqis to learn about their country’s history and
about the Jewish people who used to live there.

http://bit.ly/2x6xsdt
http://bit.ly/2x6xsdt+

--
Peterk