Posted on behalf of Dr Anna Sexton, Head of Research, The National Archives (TNA)

This year's Archives & Society Seminar Series at the Institute of Historical Research is jointly organised by Jenny Bunn (UCL), Alan Crookham (The National Gallery), and Anna Sexton (TNA). We would like to draw your attention to the next talk in the series:

Title: A brief History of Space and Time

Description: This talk looks at time and place as the anchors of archival description, as born-digital records defy our understanding of certainty and temporal and spatial fixity. It then explores methods for quantifying and rationalising the uncertainty in our records and their descriptions.

Speakers: Jone Garmendia (TNA), Mark Bell (TNA) and Matthew Hillyard (TNA)

31 October 2017 at 5.45pm
Room N304, 3rd floor, IHR, North block, Senate House

All welcome, no pre-booking required.

Kindest regards,

Nicola

Nicola Frost | Academic Communications and Impact Officer
The National Archives, Kew, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 4DU | 0203 9089 300 (ext. 2759)

[Vision Signature Image]<http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/archives-sector/projects-and-programmes/strategic-vision-for-archives/>

National Archives Disclaimer

This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the
individual(s) to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient and
have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete the email.
Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message and attachments that do
not relate to the official business of The National Archives are neither given nor
endorsed by it.