Dear all,

We are still looking for articles for the ALES issue of ARC which will be published in January 2018. We would like to include a range of articles featuring work undertaken by  archivists throughout the country, in partnership and alone, with funding and on a minimal budget, with pre-school, schools, adults and community groups – and ideally representing work being done in England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland. We are particularly interested in articles about innovative projects that showcase new approaches to education work.

Please send your proposed article, with images and captions to Emma Peattie ([log in to unmask]) and I will collate and, if necessary, select articles for this edition of ARC. Content needs to be received by 3 November at the latest.

 Articles should be between 400 and 800 words and, where possible, images should accompany the text.  As a general guide, 400 words plus an image will fill a page (c.625 words without an image to a page).

Images should have a resolution of no less than 300dpi and any copyright questions resolved so that we know we can safely reproduce the image.

Guidelines for articles and copies of the copyright and data protection forms can be found on the ARA's website at http://www.archives.org.uk/images/documents/ARC_Basic_Guidelines_revised_201108.pdf.

Best wishes

Emma Peattie

Archives Learning and Education Group

Archives and Records Association (UK and Ireland)