Sorry for Cross Posting

2x Lead Information Management Officers- £24,646 (Wilmslow, near Manchester)

Two exciting opportunities have arisen at the Information Commissioner’s Office to work within the Information Management Team which is expanding to meet the growing needs of the organisation. With GDPR coming into force in May 2018 this is an excellent time to join the ICO as we strive to be example the all organisations can follow including the area of information management.

About the role
This role is in the Information Management Team (IMT). You will join a small, collegiate and dedicated team who support colleagues and systems across our business. We ensure we manage our information in a way which enables innovation, ensures compliance with our obligations and maximises business benefit.

About you
You will bring an understanding of good information management practices and of the relevant legislative landscape. You will be an enthusiastic champion of good information management and able to influence colleagues and provide timely input to projects or innovations.

You will have an ability to devise practical solutions in constructive and positive ways which promote the benefits of good information management. You will have strong written and verbal communication skills, including delivering training, and demonstrate good time management and planning skills.

You will be able to liaise with our external stakeholders including The National Archives and suppliers in a professional and productive way working to improve our practices and future planning all the time.

We will provide the necessary training and support to develop your knowledge and understanding of the legislation we oversee and our business. With this training and your skills you should be able to work independently, raising issues when appropriate.

An interest in information rights and the role of the ICO is likely to be beneficial.

You will be based at our Wilmslow head office (near Manchester).

If you have any questions about the role please contact [log in to unmask]

For further details and to apply please follow the link below https://ico.org.uk/about-the-ico/jobs/vacancies/lead-information-management-officer/