Hi all,

I am emailing in my capacity as Chair of the ARA Volunteering Sub
Committee. One of the roles of this committee is to manage a Google group
for volunteer coordinators.

This group exists to provide a forum to share experience of supervising
volunteers and developing volunteer programmes. It is also a means to raise
questions. As a smaller and more targeted group some members find it more
appropriate to raise questions about particular aspects of practice in that
forum than on this general list.

The group also acts as one means of keeping informed of the work of the
volunteering sub committee and letting us know what activities you would
like us to be focussing on. Of course you are also welcome to contact the
committee directly to offer feedback and suggestions.

The group currently has 85 members but we are happy for it to grow. If you
are involved with managing or supervising volunteers, and would be
interested in joining the group please do let me know and I will happily
add you.

Traffic on the group is currently quite low. I am hoping to increase this,
but I don't expect it reach unmanageable levels.

If you have any questions about either the Google group, or the work of the
Volunteer Sub Committee more generally please do feel free to get in touch.

Regards
Helen Dafter
Chair
ARA Volunteer Sub Committee