Dear all,

RSS popular Professional level course Improve your Organisation with Statistical Thinking  has places left for the October 31 2017 London course date.

Name: Improve your organisation with statistical thinking<https://events.rss.org.uk/rss/50/home>

Date: October 31 2017

Presenter: Nigel Marriott

Level: Foundation

Location: 12 Errol Street London, EC1Y 8LX<https://events.rss.org.uk/rss/47/13815>

Statistical thinking should not be the preserve of technical experts.  If your role requires you to understand and make use of statistical data and reports produced by other analysts then you also need to be a statistical thinker.  To see how Statistical Thinking will add value to your organisation, then why not spend an enjoyable and eye-opening day on this course, which will change the way you think.  Like a taster menu in a restaurant, you will get a sample of how Statistical Thinking can be applied to familiar business situations including risk management, forecasting, customer surveys, product trials, quality control and business improvement.

Learning Outcomes
How to quantify probability and handle risk when making decisions
Learn to spot common mistakes in forecasting and become better at prediction
Learn how SPC can be used to put your organisation in control
Understand sampling techniques and know questions to ask when interpreting data
Know what techniques are used to evaluate a trial and be able to identify effective hypothesis testing in a range of scenarios
Understand the difference between correlation and causation and identify good and bad reporting of research
Change the way you think about data

Topics Covered
Probability and risk management
Forecasting
Performance management
Designing surveys
Evaluating trials
Interpreting research

Target Audience
This course is for anyone but is particularly useful for "consumers" of statistical analysis rather than the "producers." The course will benefit anyone who needs to read, understand, communicate and act on statistical outputs and who wants to develop their ability to understand and use statistical results.

Knowledge Assumed
Previous experience with statistics is not necessary.  Participants need to be numerate and willing to change the way they think about data.

REGISTER NOW!<https://events.rss.org.uk/rss/50/register>

If you'd like to find out more about this course or any of our public courses, please visit our website<https://www.rss.org.uk/RSS/Default.aspx?hkey=8d706d3a-9f05-4dd2-8fe1-e0859e3d8952&WebsiteKey=bc86df55-c2ae-4d73-8450-66ecc8988ded>.

Best wishes
Tessa

Tessa Pearson
Training and Events Operations Manager

The Royal Statistical Society
12 Errol Street, London EC1Y 8LX
Direct dial: (44) 020 7614 3947
Switchboard: (44) 020 7638 8998

www.rss.org.uk<http://www.rss.org.uk>
The Royal Statistical Society<http://www.rss.org.uk/>
www.rss.org.uk<http://www.rss.org.uk>
We are one of the world's leading organisations to promote the importance of statistics and data. We're a professional body for all statisticians and data analysts

The RSS is a registered charity No. 306096.

RSS (Services) Ltdis a wholly owned subsidiary of the Royal Statistical Society.
Company Reg. No. 3982652

SIGNOFF allstat

to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, leaving the subject line blank.

SIGNOFF allstat