-

Everybody

Please see below details of two meetings organised by RSS’ Official statistics section that may be of interest to the list, and how to register. We look forward to seeing as many of you as possible.

Sorry for any cross-posting

David

On behalf of RSS Official Statistics section

RSS Discussion Meeting ‘Statistical challenges of administrative and transaction data’.

Official Statistics Section, RSS discussion paper meetings

Speaker: David Hand, Imperial College London and Winton Capital Management, London, UK

Administrative data are becoming increasingly important.They are typically the side effect of some operational exercise and are often seen as having significant advantages over alternative sources of data. Although it is true that such data have merits, statisticians should approach the analysis of such data with the same cautious and critical eye as they approach the analysis of data from any other source. The paper identifies some statistical challenges, with the aim of stimulating debate about and improving the analysis of administrative data, and encouraging methodology researchers to explore some of the important statistical problems which arise with such data.

Wednesday 15 November 2017 - Wednesday 15 November 2017

RSS, 12 Errol Street, London

https://www.statslife.org.uk/events/events-calendar/eventdetail/965/-/rss-discussion-meeting-statistical-challenges-of-administrative-and-transaction-data

Developing the Administrative Data Census - research so far and future plans

RSS sections/special interest groups, Official Statistics Section

Speaker: Becky Tinsley, ONS

The Office for National Statistics are looking beyond the next census in 2021 to the possibility of putting together a census based on linking together administrative data held by the Government.

We’re calling this an Administrative Data Census. Our main goal is to produce as many census-type statistics as possible. We’re doing this by combining administrative and survey data, and comparing them with the outputs from the 2021 Census. To demonstrate our progress in reaching this goal, we have established a series of ‘Research Outputs’ which also demonstrate new opportunities from such an approach.

Thursday 30 November 2017 - Thursday 30 November 2017

Royal Statistical Society, 12 Errol Street, London EC1Y 8LX

https://www.statslife.org.uk/events/events-calendar/eventdetail/1034/-/developing-the-administrative-data-census-research-so-far-and-future-plans

This email and any files transmitted with it are private and intended
If you have received this email in error please return it to the address
it came from telling them it is not for you and then delete it from your system.
This email message has been swept for computer viruses.

SIGNOFF allstat