Dear all,

RSS popular Foundation level course, Intermediate Statistics using Excel early bird registration is soon ending for the 1 December 2017 London course date.

Name: Intermediate Statistics using Excel<https://events.rss.org.uk/rss/78/home>

Date: 1 December 2017

Presenter: Dr Jenny Freeman

Level: Foundation

Location: 12 Errol Street London, EC1Y 8LX<https://events.rss.org.uk/rss/47/13815>

Multiple linear regression is one of the most commonly used techniques for analysing quantitative data. It allows for the impact of multiple variables to be assessed simultaneously for continuous outcome data. Analysis of variance (ANOVA) is a related technique which allows the mean values of several groups to be compared. This course will equip participants with the skills necessary to undertake both types of analysis in Excel, understand and interpret the output, check the assumptions that underpin each type of model, assess model fit and present the results coherently.

Learning Outcomes
By the end of this course the attendees will:

Understand what is meant by the term Analysis of Variance (ANOVA) and the different ANOVA models available
Assess when it is appropriate to fit an ANOVA
Carry out ANOVA in Excel
Interpret the results of an analysis of variance
Assess model fit
Present the results of an analysis of variance
Understand what is meant by the term multiple linear regression
Assess when it is appropriate to fit a multiple linear regression model
Carry out a regression analysis in Excel
Interpret the results of a multiple linear regression analysis
Assess model fit
Present the results of a multiple linear regression analysis

REGISTER NOW!<https://events.rss.org.uk/rss/78/register>

If you'd like to find out more about this course or any of our public courses, please visit our website<https://www.rss.org.uk/RSS/Default.aspx?hkey=8d706d3a-9f05-4dd2-8fe1-e0859e3d8952&WebsiteKey=bc86df55-c2ae-4d73-8450-66ecc8988ded>.

Best wishes
Tessa

Tessa Pearson
Training and Events Operations Manager

The Royal Statistical Society
12 Errol Street, London EC1Y 8LX
Direct dial: (44) 020 7614 3947
Switchboard: (44) 020 7638 8998

www.rss.org.uk<http://www.rss.org.uk>
The Royal Statistical Society<http://www.rss.org.uk/>
www.rss.org.uk<http://www.rss.org.uk>
We are one of the world's leading organisations to promote the importance of statistics and data. We're a professional body for all statisticians and data analysts

The RSS is a registered charity No. 306096.

RSS (Services) Ltdis a wholly owned subsidiary of the Royal Statistical Society.
Company Reg. No. 3982652

SIGNOFF allstat

to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, leaving the subject line blank.

SIGNOFF allstat