Dear colleagues and friends,

With this email we would like to inform you that we are building a new journal, to be published by PM Press, called the Radical Housing Journal (RHJ). We are going to have a short public meeting at the RC21 conference in Leeds, in order to tell you about our ideas and expand our collective. The meeting will be on Tuesday the 12nd of September, at 1:15pm in the Roger Stevens Lecture Theatre 20 (info at: https://rc21leeds2017.files.wordpress.com/2016/11/here.pdf). Come along and/or read the text below if you’d like to hear more about this new editorial adventure!

For us the RHJ is an orientation and a praxis for doing research and action. Speaking to academics and non-academics, grassroots activists, practitioners, and policy-makers, it seeks readers who are both concerned about the global annihilation of housing and who are actively responding to such a concern. It is not, in this sense, a traditional self-referential academic journal but rather situated as a cross-cutting publication, aiming to mobilise the attention and related action of different constituencies.

The RHJ will welcome contributions from activists -- however defined in their theoretical and practical stances -- who recognise themselves in the journal’s ethos. The Journal will be explicitly anti-racist, feminist and trans-disciplinary in nature. All original contributions will be peer-reviewed and compensated. The Journal will be organised around two Collectives (Editorial and Extended), both of which will be horizontally structured.

We are currently looking for people with energy and ideas to help us create the RHJ. If you are interested, please do join us at the RC21 where we will present our Manifesto, describe more about the Journal, and gather your thoughts and feedback! If you can’t join us at the RC21 but you are still interested in the RHJ, please send us an email at [log in to unmask]

The RHJ Editorial Collective (Erin, Mara, Mel, Meli and Michele)