I was thinking that with the backing of the SPM team it might be easier to transfer to a different site. The poor search engine and layout of JISCMail mean that often the same question is asked many times, so there is some chance that transferring to a site with proper search engine/layout without transferring the history from JISCMail could actually be time-saving even if some questions were to be asked again (though this time for the last time).

On the other hand, maybe it is possible to lobby Jisc to make proper changes to JISCMail? I have contacted the Service Desk and I have been told that some changes next year are planned, though no details were given.