***Apologies for cross-posting***

Are you attending #BERA2017?

The 2017 BERA conference takes place next week at the University of Sussex in Brighton.

If you're attending, stop by the Policy Press stand to meet members of our commissioning and marketing teams, and for some great discounts on our books, including the new edition of Stephen J. Ball's The education debate, and much more.

We've also got some fantastic new books publishing this autumn, including Diane Reay's Miseducation and John Holmwood and Therese O'Toole's Countering Extremism in British Schools?
 See below for more information.

See below for all of our latest titles in Education. To browse the full list, please see our subject page.

Don’t forget to sign up to our monthly newsletter for 35% discount on all books bought at www.policypress.co.uk.

COMING SOON

Miseducation

Inequality, education and the working classes

By Diane Reay

“Incredibly insightful and passionate …Diane Reay really does get class. Mandatory reading for anyone proclaiming greater equity in education.” John Smyth, University of Huddersfield

More …

Countering Extremism in British Schools?

The Truth about the Birmingham Trojan Horse Affair

By John Holmwood and Therese O'Toole

"A compelling alternative analysis of the ‘Trojan Horse’ affair, shining much-needed light on a serious but neglected vector of educational inequality in the UK." Reza Gholami, University of Birmingham

More…

New and recent titles in education from Policy Press

 The education debate

By Stephen J. Ball

"This brilliant book should be be compulsory reading for all sociologists of education everywhere, and for all those interested in education."

Bob Lingard, University of Queensland

More ...

Education policy and racial biopolitics in multicultural cities

By Kalervo N. Gulson and P. Taylor Webb

"In this highly original book, Gulson and Webb make an informed and exciting contribution to post-structural approaches to policy analysis."

Patrick Bailey, University College London

More ...

Corporate elites and the reform of public education

Edited by Helen M. Gunter, David Hall and Michael W. Apple

"This book reclaims the concept of the public in our educational system. A must read for our confusing and risky times." Dr. Carlos Alberto Torres, Distinguished Professor of Education and UNESCO UCLA Chair in Global Learning and Global Citizenship Education

More …

Student lives in crisis

Deepening inequality in times of austerity

By Lorenza Antonucci

"An eye-opening account of the material inequalities that young people face whilst at university...should be read by anyone interested in Higher Education policies in Europe." LSE Review of Books

More …

Don’t forget we also publish a number of respected academic journals, including Families, Relationships and Societies.  Read our free articles of the month here

Phylicia Ulibarri-Eglite, Marketing Assistant
Policy Press/University of Bristol Press
1-9 Old Park Hill, Clifton, Bristol BS2 8BB
Tel: 0117 954 5958

Out this month: Rethinking poverty
1503386624897_PastedImage

By Barry Knight

Get 35% discount on ALL our books by signing up to our newsletter here

Sign up for forthcoming updates on Bristol University Press

Institutional free trials for all Policy Press journals are available at: http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/tpp/trial

In 2017 Policy Press is supporting Bristol Refugee Rightsplease visit our LocalGiving page