**Apologies for cross-posting**

Details on the latest social work books and journal articles from Policy Press are below.

Browse our complete social work list on our website and sign up to our newsletter to get your code for 35% discount on all our titles.

September’s free journal articles:

Self-directed Groupwork – social justice through social action and empowerment (from Critical and Radical Social Work)

Showing how they feel: the emotional reflexivity of people with dementia (from Families, Relationships and Society)

Scrounger narratives and dependent drug users: welfare, workfare and warfare (from Journal of Poverty and Social Justice - 25 year anniversary article collection also free to 31 December)

Latest titles in Social Work from Policy Press

Challenging the politics of early intervention

Val Gillies, Rosalind Edwards and Nicola Horsley

A vital challenge to the internationally accepted policy and practice consensus that intervention to shape parenting in the early years, underpinned by interpretations of brain science, is the way to prevent disadvantage.

Internationalizing social work education

Insights from leading figures across the globe

By Gurid Aga Askeland and Malcolm Payne

A historical and contextual account of how social work education became widely adopted in different national and cultural environments.

Supporting struggling students on placement

A practical guide

by Jo Finch

Practical guidance that will further knowledge and engender confidence for any teachers, assessors and supervisors on courses with a practice learning component, based on the authors first-hand experience and international multi-disciplinary research and literature.

Blinded by science

The social implications of epigenetics and neuroscience

by Sue White and David Wastell

This timely book critically examines the capabilities and limitations of new areas of biology, especially epigenetics and neuroscience, that are used as powerful arguments for developing social policy in a particular direction.

Making sense of child sexual exploitation

Exchange, abuse and young people

by Sophie Hallett

Providing fresh insight into child sexual exploitation (CSE), this book uses the voices of children and young people who have experienced sexual exploitation, and the practitioners who have worked with them, to challenge the dominant discourse around CSE.

Reflective practice and learning from mistakes in social work

by Alessandro Sicora

Learning from professional errors in social work is vital for successful reflective practice. With plenty of practice examples and questions for reflection, this is essential reading for social work students, practitioners and managers.

CRITICAL AND RADICAL SOCIAL WORK JOURNAL

Read Critical and Radical Social Work journal on Ingenta.

Call for Special Issues

Critical and Radical Social Work invites proposals for special Issues for consideration by the Editors in early 2018. The deadline for proposal submissions is 15 December 2017.

The aim of a Special Issue is to bring together a set of cutting-edge research articles that develops a specific debate or topic on a theme relevant to the remit of Critical and Radical Social Work. This may include articles presenting theoretical, conceptual and/or empirical material. A Special Issue must be integrated around a common theme, and must take forward scholarly debate. It may be internationally comparative or may focus on one specific region of the world. Find out more on our website.

The Editors will announce their initial decisions on proposals received, and indicate which one has been accepted for development and planned publication in 2019, by 31 March 2018.

Follow the journal on Twitter: @CRSWjournal and ask your library to sign up for a free trial.

__

Jessica Miles, Marketing Executive

Bristol University Press / Policy Press
1-9 Old Park Hill, Clifton, Bristol BS2 8BB, UK
Tel: (+44) 117 954 5940

Out this month:

The inequality crisis: The facts and what we can do about it

by Roger Brown

http://i.imgur.com/sqQ0pLm.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/6OLGbpQ.jpg

https://ci6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/qqfDLnp9ncwf68EME1OC-7fMuBUfMXEHgZ-tt-2JLKs_Y2nq2c06vSlD__E08pbtWCh8rg=s0-d-e1-ft#http://i.imgur.com/yuHm6N4.gif https://ci4.googleusercontent.com/proxy/K1XzSLBWrVNbLtUQvhtWVEBdp1cb0edwtICIiPuTzr9elu-dlLqF-825O8hKAkdm8Sn-6w=s0-d-e1-ft#http://i.imgur.com/wvzFzje.gif  https://ci4.googleusercontent.com/proxy/lZXa0FC56PpF4IEln1318xPTdZx-mZJp4fkQgl9gLkPXfSxCCrxUABfA_AGc4iNHB5Kq2g=s0-d-e1-ft#http://i.imgur.com/FdBpkfa.gif

Join the debate on the Policy Press blog

In 2017 Policy Press is supporting
Bristol Refugee Rightsplease visit our LocalGiving page