Dear Colleagues,

APOLOGIES FOR CROSS-POSTING

We are delighted to invite you to an international conference about Intersex that we are organising with Intersex Activists and with colleagues from the University of Bologna. The early stage conference page is here: https://research.hud.ac.uk/institutes-centres/criss/events/intersex_social_sciences_activism_human_rights_and/

This conference provides an exciting and timely opportunity to explore issues concerning intersex and variations of sex characteristics from human rights, activist, and citizenship perspectives. The conference is being organised as part of a 2 year project taking place in Italy, the UK and Switzerland on Intersex, Citizenship and Human Rights, see https://research.hud.ac.uk/institutes-centres/criss/projects/intersex-dsd_human_rights/

We now invite the submission of panel proposals for this conference. Panel themes can include:

•       Human Rights
•       Legal aspects
•       Activism, politics, and policy reform
•       Healthcare institutions
•       The experiences and issues of children, young people, families, and older people
•       Alliances with LGBT activists
•       Terminology and de-pathologisation
•       Historical and/or philosophical analysis relevant to the contemporary situation
•       Perspectives from the Global South
•       Citizenship
•       Social theory

We also welcome individual paper submissions and we will put out a call for these in due course.

PLEASE CIRCULATE WIDELY, THANKS

Surya

Surya Monro
Professor of Sociology and Social Policy
Director of the Centre for Research in the Social Sciences
+44 (0) 1484 471424<tel:%2B44%20%280%29%201484%20471424>
http://www.hud.ac.uk/ourstaff/profile/index.php?staffid=710
School of Human and Health Sciences
University of Huddersfield | Queensgate | Huddersfield | HD1 3DH

Latest book - Bisexuality: Identities, Politics and Theories http://www.palgrave.com/page/detail/bisexuality-surya-monro/?isb=9781137007308