Dear colleagues,

It is a sad day for all simuliidologists. I have to inform you that our
well loved friend Roger Crosskey, passed away at about midday BST today
4 September. He had been in hospital for the last few months.

Roger was an exceptional taxonomist and an inspiration to us all, and a
good friend to many. His knowledge of the subject was unsurpassed.

His wife, Peggy, will be under great strain over the next few weeks, so
to relieve the pressure I propose to compile a book of condolences which
she can read at a more suitable time. Please will anyone wishing to send
a message send it to me at this email address
<[log in to unmask]>  DO NOT Press REPLY. Of course if you are a
family friend, then by all means write to Peggy at home.

Please pass on this news to anyone who might not be on the Simuliidae List.

Sadly,

John Davies