Hi everyone,

Hope you are all doing well. Sorry for cross-posting, etc.

I have just finished producing the Edinburgh Fringe Festival run of Agony Auncles of Science (www.agonyauncles.co.uk) and am currently writing a guide for scicommers who would like to put on their first Edinburgh Fringe Festival show.

As for my experience, this was my third time as part of a show at Edinburgh but my first scicomm one and would like to share what I've learnt.

Is there anything in particular you would like to learn, particularly from a scicomm point of view? (there are already a lot of first time guides). If you have a question you would like answered in the guide, please reply off-list to [log in to unmask] with something "Scicomm at Edinburgh Fringe Festival" in the subject line.

Once the guide is up, I will send it round on this list.

All the best,

Florence

P.S. Shameless plug: If you would like to book Agony Auncles for an event, here is a little summary about it:

Agony Auncles of Science is a science-comedy panel show featuring an MC, a comedian and three very funny scientists. The audience submits questions either online or just before the show by writing on a piece of paper and the panel attempts to solve their problems with science, no matter how unscientific the problem. Featured as the number one science show to see at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival 2017 by WIRED, the show has been going from strength to strength. The five-star show has been described as “completely excellent” and has a “true sense of good fun”. The show has featured the brilliant Aimee Eckert and her alter ego, Dr Jiggs Bowson; mathematician musician Kyle Evans; and the amazing comedian, Sarah Bennetto. This format is flexible in length and topic and can be tailored to all sorts of events as we can ask the audience to submit questions relevant to a theme. We will also book scientists and comedians who are related to the theme for that event.

--

Florence Schechter
07504 010113

Founder of the Vagina Museum

psci-com how-to: Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask]. If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask]

• signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages)