Hello,

The next London SciComm Social is this Thursday (28th September), from 6pm in the basement cocktail bar of The Somers Town Coffee House (Facebook event details: https://www.facebook.com/events/362980407449625/?acontext=%7B%22ref%22%3A%224%22%2C%22feed_story_type%22%3A%22308%22%2C%22action_history%22%3A%22null%22%7D )

As always there is no entry fee and it’s open to anyone who wants to come along – so far we’ve met teachers, professional science communicators, public engagement staff, students, researchers from a range of disciplines (not all science), performers, artists, journalists, museum staff and lots more. Please do pop along and join us!

Thank you,

Kimberley Freeman.

Kimberley Freeman | Executive Officer for Public Engagement and Manager, Centre for Public Engagement

Centre for Public Engagement

Office of the Principal

Queen Mary University of London

T: +44 (0) 207 882 7742

E: [log in to unmask]

E109, Queens’ Building, 327 Mile End Road, London, E1 4NS

http://www.qmul.ac.uk/publicengagement/

@engageqm

The Centre for Public Engagement provides advice, training and support to projects and activities that involve the public with Queen Mary and our research and teaching. We give advice in seeking and applying for external funding, and can discuss how to get started, design an activity or maximise its impact through one-to-one support, training and regular advice surgery drop-in sessions. Our monthly small funding rounds also provide up to £1,000 for Queen Mary public engagement projects.

psci-com how-to: Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask]. If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask]

• signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages)