Terry

That web page, although filled with excellent advice, was clearly not
developed by either a Human-Centered Designer or a good writer (ideally a
good technical manual writer).

I bet it was never tested.

My critique of it is simple; The very sort of person the advice is aimed at
is pretty definitely the sort of person who would never read it.

As I keep trying to tell some of the people who post on this digest:
shorter is better.

Norman's law: the number of readers of a document decreases by the square
of its length.

Don