Hello List

Is there anyone out there who is involved with fitness to carry firearms
specifically in zoos/wildlife parks please?

Following the changes to the referral system for granting or renewing a
firearms licence (April 2016) the police will contact  every certificate
holder's GP if any specific listed conditions  are declared. My employer is
asking if they (or OH) are able to access the personal health and medical
declaration. As I see it the process is between the individual, GP and the
police and any information via OH back to the organisation can only be
accessed by the normal Access to Medical Reports process.

I would be grateful for any views, processes is use in similar workplaces.

Many thanks

Alison

Alison Grange

Occupational Health Adviser