Hi Megan,

I agree with Chris. Elekta's default value for the tSSS correlation limit is a bit too conservative. It used to be 0.98 (maybe it's lower now), but in any case you could use something like 0.9 if you haven't tried it already. Physically, the speaker artifact should be a relatively easy case for both SSP and tSSS. ICA could be a powerful method to suppress residual artifacts in the processed data, as Chris mentioned, and it might be easier to do than applying SSP before movement compensation.

Best regards,
Samu

Samu Taulu, D.Sc.
Research Associate Professor, Physics
Director, I-LABS MEG Brain Imaging Center
Institute for Learning & Brain Sciences (I-LABS)
Portage Bay Bldg. Room 201E
Box 357988
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-7988