Hello Catherine,

During the last months we had quite some experience with iBeacon
technology. We have several installations running with beacons and also
equipped the House of European History in Brussels with this technology
last year. The iBeacon technology works well when their special features
and limitations are taken into account.

Content-wise a triggering technology always offers a chance to add a new
layer to visitor experience, this can be sound according to visitors’
position or something else.

For the Castlecenter (Borgcenter) in Vordingborg, Denmark we created a
triggering according to visitors position in the permanent exhibition.
Each thematic zone has a video projection but the soundtrack to each
projection was played on the tablet guide with headphones. The sound is
also played in sync with the video projections, when visitors move from
one zone to another, audio fades with transition to the next soundtrack,
also playing in sync to the next projection. This installation was done
in 2013 with RFID technology but nowadays we’d do this with iBeacons.

Best Regards,
Jens Bruder

--
*** Check out our new website www.nousdigital.net