Hi all,

We are reviewing our book deletion policy and opened this can of worms!

If a non fiction item (such as Wiring Guidelines, Corgi Gas info or health information etc) goes out of date, or is replaced by an updated version, is there any legal reason why libraries can no longer stock or book sale these items? I appreciate that we want to offer the most up to date information possible but does the legal responsibility lie with us to check this or our service users? Are we liable if they follow out of date supplied by a library or is this a library myth?

All ideas welcome!