Dear All

I'm currently finalising the draft of this paper, and am gathering examples
of good practice from libraries in England, relating to equality & diversity
work.

I am organising these to fit broadly into the nine Protected Characteristics
[PC] in the Equality Act.

There are three PC areas where I have very few examples, and just wondered
whether anyone would like to suggest some work they do which falls within
these - they are:

*	Marriage & Civil Partnership
*	Religion or Belief
*	Sex

It could be services you offer, support for library users and staff, policy
developments . anything where you focus on these three PC areas. As a
specific question, do any of the library services that have weddings/civil
partnership ceremonies taking place in their buildings offer
library/information-related services to the couples and/or their families?

Time is running out, so I'd be grateful if you could let me have any
ideas/suggestions by the beginning of next week, please.

Best wishes

John

John Vincent

Tel/fax: 01392 256045

"The Network - tackling social exclusion in libraries, museums, archives and
galleries" - see  <http://www.seapn.org.uk/> www.seapn.org.uk.

We coordinate a number of email lists (using JISCMAIL) for people working
with looked-after children; Travellers; older people; LGBTs;
learning-disabled people; as well as a general Network list.
To subscribe, simply send an email to  <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
[log in to unmask], saying which list(s) you'd like to join.
To send an email to the list, send to: looked-after children:
<mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]; Travellers:
<mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]; older people:
<mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]; LGBTs:
<mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]; learning disability:
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
To unsubscribe from any of the lists, send an email to
<mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask], with nothing in
the subject line, and just  "UNSUBSCRIBE [+list name]" (eg UNSUBSCRIBE LAC)
as the message.