We have had 24/7 opening hours in the Paul Hamlyn Library since it first opened in September 2015.  We operate it term time only but have found over time that it is necessary to continue over the Easter vacation for instance because exams and deadlines come immediately after.  Students appreciate the service and I'm sure would like it to operate all year round. Indeed, we have had some comments on social media and in surveys as to why we don't offer it over the Summer when research students are working.

[Signature]

From: A general library and information science list for news and discussion. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Evans, Michelle J. (Mrs)
Sent: 31 August 2017 16:59
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: library 24/ 7 provision

Dear all
I have been tasked with doing some research on library 24/7 provision.  We have been supporting this for several years and would like to find out how other institutions deal with certain issues.  I would be most grateful for any feedback on the following:

Do you offer 24/7 opening?
When did you start offering 24/7 opening?
What period of the year is it offered?
Have you made any amendments to the period it is offered, such as decreased or increased provision?
If changes have been made, what impact has this had?

Thank you in anticipation - please feel free to ask us for feedback too, if required!

Kind regards
Michelle

M.J.Evans  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Learning Centre Supervisor
Harrison Learning Centre
Learning and Information Services
Directorate of Academic Support