If you are amazed by the amount of new students registering this week. Get some inspiration from the papers from the recent oALISS one day conference.

We have now added the details from the Wellcome reading room to inspire and uplift you!

Regards

Heather Dawson

Amazing spaces: using library design to enhance organisational goals and user satisfaction

ALISS conference 22nd August 2017

https://alissnet.com/amazing-spaces-using-library-design-to-enhance-organisational-goals-and-user-satisfaction/

we are adding the papers to our website.

Amazing spaces: using library design to enhance organisational goals and user satisfaction
ALISS conference 22nd August 207

·         Looking Good, Working Well: the Ultimate Goal in Library Design– Karen Latimer, Chair, Designing Libraries Advisoty Board, UK   on  the  qualities of good Library  design,  showcasing examples of inspiring new libraries that have had an impact and improved the user experience.

·         Building the Future- Sally Jennings introduces, the  British Library vision for redesign and redevelopment on the London site

·         The Hive at Five: from Design to Delivery – Sarah Pittaway and Laura Worsfold  discusses  the challenges of the Worcester Hive the first fully integrated public and university library in Europe

·         Loesja Vigour and Nicola Cook on the development of the new Wellcome Library reading room, An innovative hybrid of gallery, library and events space.

Heather Dawson

ALISS secretary