Dear Colleague,

I am writing to invite you to attend the popular music research and performance event Canterbury Sound: Music, Place and Myth taking place on Saturday 28 October 2017 in Augustine Hall, Canterbury. (canterbury.ac.uk/canterburysound)

The term ‘Canterbury sound’ is used to refer to the signature psychedelic and progressive rock developed by artists such as Caravan, and Soft Machine. This event explores Canterbury as a metaphor and reality, a symbolic space of music inspiration.

The programme includes talks from:

Performances from:

This event seeks to demonstrate the development of the ‘Canterbury Sound’ as an inter-generational, local, and transnational cultural phenomenon.

For more information and tickets, please visit:
CCCU website: canterbury.ac.uk/canterburyound

Canterbury Festival website: https://www.canterburyfestival.co.uk/whats-on/music/canterbury-sound.aspx

Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/123693321515580/

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you are interested in the event.

Best wishes,

Asya Draganova

Dr Asya Draganova

Email: [log in to unmask] and [log in to unmask]