*APOLOGIES FOR CROSS-POSTING*

PRODUCTIVE MARGINS FESTIVAL

Dear colleagues
You warmly invited to take part in the Productive Margins Festival.
When? 14 September 2017, 8am-8pm
Productive Margins is a 5-year Connected Communities collaboration between English and Welsh community organisations and the Universities of Bristol and Cardiff. The programme explores how regulation can both constrain and further engagement in decision-making. Our starting point is that people and communities excluded from decision-making have the expertise, experience and creativity to be politically productive. Together we shift debates from the regulation of engagement to regulation for engagement.
Since 2013, Productive Margins has been co-producing research on some of the big questions that we face collectively: mobilising with young people; Muslim women’s engagement in decision-making; loneliness among older people; regulation of food habits across diverse communities; how families in poverty experience the regulation of welfare to work and immigration. We do this through a range of disciplines from social sciences to the arts, engaging with decision-makers throughout.
Join us for a full day or dip in and out. The day will showcase, celebrate, inspire and challenge us to think differently about how regulation can both constrain and empower communities and explore how we make future opportunities a reality. There will be films, performances, information stalls, discussion panels - and breakfast, lunch, drinks and canapes!
We hope to see you there!

Reader in Screen Media | [log in to unmask]
Deputy Principal Investigator | Productive Margins 2013-18
School of Arts Research Director, 2015-18 | [log in to unmask]

Research Drop-ins | Tuesdays, 10am-12pm, Hawthorns Cafe
TB2 Student Drop-Ins | TB1 2017-18: Thursdays, 3-5pm, Rm 6.92, Richmond Bldg.

Film and Television | School of Arts
Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship

The Richmond Building | 105 Queens Road
University of Bristol | Bristol BS8 1LN
T: +44 (0)117 331 8776  | 07758 348497
Twitter: @AAPiccini | @ProductiveMgns | @knowyourbristol | @OlympicCityScre