I have been asked to forward this about the GeoCAse portal for Earth Science collection objects. Please take time to fill out the questionnaire.

All the best, Giles

Dear colleagues,

nowadays digital representations of collection objects are important to make the assets of natural history collections visible in both, the scientific community and broader public.
In the biological discipline the Global Biodiversity Information Facility (GBIF) provides a global search portal in order to allow finding data on collection objects (and observation data). GBIF includes fossils, but no rocks and minerals, because its scope on biodiversity requires biological component. In order to allow also searching for other geoscientific objects than fossils the Geoscientific Collection Access Service (GeoCASe) was developed some years ago.

Since the third-party funding for GeoCASe ran out we would like to sustain the maintenance according the community's demands. Furthermore, the portal is facing the quick technological changes of the world wide web, so improvement and further developments are necessary. These should focus on the user's requirements.

For this reason we would like to ask you some questions about your geoscientific collection data, your focus on data publication and cross-institutional search.
We would appreciate if you could take approx. 10 minutes of your time to participate in our survey.

Please fill in the questionnaire at https://survey.naturkundemuseum-berlin.de/en/geoscientific-collection-data-survey

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact
Falko Glöckler ([log in to unmask]).

Thanks for your time!

Best regards,
the GeoCASe team.

--

__________________________
Prof. Dr. Johanna Eder

Staatliches Museum für Naturkunde Stuttgart
Rosenstein 1, 70191 Stuttgart, Germany
+49 (0) 711 89 36 - 115
+49 (0) 711 89 36 - 100
www.naturkundemuseum-bw.de

Sonderausstellung

baubionik - biologie beflügelt architektur
19.10.17 - 6.5.18 | Schloss Rosenstein