Dear all

Forwarded on behalf of Dr Wendy Toon – please contact her directly with any enquiries.

Here is a reminder about our upcoming conference ‘North American Women and World War One’ at the University of Worcester on Saturday, 4 November 2017.

Prof Susan-Mary Grant (Newcastle University) will deliver a keynote address, ‘Women and Children First: American Women and the Military-Medical Matrix in World War I’.

National and international presenters will also consider U.S. Suffragists and World War I; the wartime North American Woman as presented in popular music and Velona Pilcher’s career in theatre, including The Searcher (1929), which depicts a Red Cross worker assigned to track missing soldiers. The play’s context is based on her own experiences as a member of the Stanford Women’s Relief Unit, working at the American Expeditionary Forces hospital facility at Bazeilles-sur-Meuse.

The full programme and booking information will be available from October 2017.

Please save the date and distribute the attached flier to your networks.

Any questions or queries please reply to this message.

Best wishes

Wendy

Dr Wendy Toon

Senior Lecturer in American History