Hi Frost,

First thing: make sure you are using the most recent version of FSL (or at least 5.0.8 I think). I remember vaguely that in some old version there was an issue affecting the way as F-stats were converted to z-stats before doing TFCE (only F-stats).

Regardless, what you've found can happen, i.e., nothing on F-tests even though there is "something" in the post hoc t-tests: the relationship between t and F statistics is lost when the spatial signal is considered, such as with TFCE. That classical relationship as we find in stats textbooks are not guaranteed to hold, and very often breaks.

You can safely bypass the F-tests altogether (i.e., don't do F-tests at all). If the idea of the F-test was to check for significance before doing the t-tests, you can instead use the option "-corrcon" in PALM, which will correct across the t-tests (with and without TFCE).

All the best,

Anderson