Dear Ben,

for single-band data the number of excitations is simply the number of slices. For multi-band (also known as Simultaneous Multi Slice (SMS)) data, it is the number of slices divided by the multi-band factor.

I tend to mostly use --mporder=16 for single-band data and --mporder=8 for multi-band data.

Jesper