* Apologies for cross-postings *

Dear colleagues,

We are delighted to announce that the 18th regular Research Data Management Forum meeting will be held on Monday 20th and Tuesday 21st November 2017. This Autumn’s event marks a return to the RDMF’s original (and perhaps spiritual?) home at Chancellors Conference Centre, University of Manchester.

As is customary for our Autumn meetings, the event will focus on all aspects of Data and Systems, a topic which affects all stakeholders in the research endeavour, from researchers creating and storing their data in-project – and increasingly discovering and reusing data produced by others – to librarians and research support professionals seeking to link datasets to scholarly publications, and ultimately keying into the impact agenda via catalogues and CRIS systems. This year we hope also to address institutional relationships with national and international infrastructures, and organisational aspects such as managing policy compliance via integrated workflows.

As ever, the event will feature a mixture of plenary sessions and breakout groups, with plenty of opportunity for informal networking, and once again we are inviting volunteers to give presentations and to propose breakout group topics. So if you or your university/research organisation have an interesting story to tell about data and systems, or a thorny problem that you feel the RDMF community might be able to make some collective headway with, we’d love to hear from you.

To help plan your travel, the event is scheduled to run from approximately 3.30pm on the Monday to around 4pm on the Tuesday, and registration includes all meals and refreshments as well as overnight accommodation at the event venue.

Registration will open in the coming weeks, and we’ll announce it via the usual channels and mailing lists.

Till then, best wishes

Martin

-

Martin Donnelly