I have been thinking this too, and have decided not to even post a link on twitter - where my very small following is unlikely to have much of an impact!

I think the more productive way might be to not engage directly with the article (that does not warrant it in any case) but to pressure TWQ for a statement, and to reflect on their peer review process, and perhaps the process more broadly in academia. And further to reflect how it is that someone can go through Princeton and Cambridge and remain fundamentally ignorant…

Thanks for all the contributions to this discussion so far on this forum - it is a much appreciated thread!

Lindsay

Lindsay Sawyer
Research Associate | Global Development Institute
Rm G.038 Arthur Lewis Building
University of Manchester | Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9PL
Tel: +44(0)7799732237