Apologies for x -postings.

For AAG members:

Last year a group of geographers got together to organise some film screenings at the AAG - called AAG Shorts. This year we are hoping to make it even bigger and be more integrated into the programming.

We are very excited to organise something even better for New Orleans (and beyond) so we want to establish a Film specialty group so we can promote cinema and film more broadly in the AAG and beyond.

We now have a draft constitution and bylaws. To send it in we need 50 signatures from AAG members which we need to send in very soon in order to make the AAG October board meeting.

You can just email your signature to me either as an electronic signature or just take a photo of the signature (whichever is easier) and send it to me at [log in to unmask]

I will delete it immediately afterwards.

If you have any comments or suggestions for our constitution too that would be great!

Jessica Jacobs

I can’t add attachments but the draft constitution summary is below:

Article II. Purpose

  1. To support and encourage the development of film and cinema in the discipline, particularly digital and online film
  2. To promote research into and teaching of film and cinema in geography
  3. To develop close relations and interchange with other disciplines, especially those engaged with the study of film and those who use medium of film for teaching and research purposes
  4. To promote the use of film and cinema to promote the discipline of geography to a wider lay audience;
  5. To stimulate the exchange of information about film and film-making among fellow members of FSG;
  6. To develop close relations and interchange with other related AAG specialty groups, particularly Communications and Media, Cultural Geography and Digital Geography;
  7. To promote and facilitate the role of cinema and film within the discipline of geography;
  8. To promote and coordinate activities and directions with other professional organizations involved with film