The Sexuality and Space Specialty Group (SXSSG) invites Calls for
Papers and Session Sponsorship requests for paper presentations,
panels and author-meets-critics sessions for the upcoming AAG 2018 in
New Orleans (April 10-14, 2018).

Please email JP Catungal ([log in to unmask]) for requests,
inquiries, questions and proposals for collaboration.

The SXSSG's goal is to promote and facilitate scholarly and other
geographic inquiry into human sexualities and related issues. We are
therefore interested in papers, panels and author-meets-critics
sessions that deal substantially with questions related to
sexualities, including but limited to these topics:

- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and queer (LGBTQ) identities,
communities and politics;
- Queer theories, politics, methods and approaches;
- Heterosexualities, heteronormativities and homonormativities;
- Practices and spaces of desires, reproductions, intimacies,
intercourses and relationships;
- Couples, families, single people and other forms of organizing
social-sexual lives; and
- Sexual affects

AND their intersections with and inseparabilities from this admittedly
incomplete list of topics:

- Race, gender, class, dis/ability, religion;
- colonialism and imperialism;
- Nation-building;
- Migration and im/mobility;
- Policymaking;
- Labour activisms;
- Socio-economic inequalities;
- Health and social services; and
- Theory building

Do consider having Sexuality and Space co-sponsor your AAG sessions. I
would be more than happy to chat with anyone about how Sexuality and
Space might infuse a session that, on the surface, does not seem
related to the topic.

--
JOHN PAUL CATUNGAL

"Maybe the target nowadays is not to discover who we are, but to
refuse who we are." (Michel Foucault)

--
JOHN PAUL CATUNGAL

Starting January 2014:
SSHRC Postdoctoral Fellow and Killam Honourary Fellow
Institute for Gender, Race, Sexuality and Social Justice
and Department of Geography
University of British Columbia