Satvik - if you attach your data processing logs I can tell you what to look out for - too abstract to do without a concrete example to discuss.
Eleanor

On 20 September 2017 at 14:00, <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Dear Satvik,

An R/Rfree of 0.29/0.35 after one round of automatic model building indicates that your solution is correct. You can proceed with refinement and rebuilding. You can take either the monomer-based or dimer-based solution, it does not matter. Personally I would take the monomer-based solution since it allowed for some small difference in orientation of the monomers within the dimer.

Best,

Herman

Von: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK] Im Auftrag von Satvik Kumar
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 20. September 2017 14:40
An: [log in to unmask]
Betreff: Re: [ccp4bb] doubt regarding MR search model

Hello,

Thanks all for your valuable suggestions. Two things that stuck me were "one gets to know if the space group is correct only after solving the structure" and "to try all possible space groups until one lands up with the correct solution".

I ran Phaser with "all alternative space groups". The solution is still in the same space group P212121. This holds true with both the monomer as well as dimer search models. I hope I have checked all orthorhombic space groups by doing this as I am unsure what "all alternative space groups" means.

I also ran Zanuda which tells me that the space group P212121 is correct in both cases.

Pointless output indicates that "Systematic absence probability: 0.818". Can I take this to be convincing or do I need to run other tests?

I dont know how to check for non-crystallographic symmetry? Please tell me how I can do so.

The model is 60 percent identical to my protein. Also, one round of automated model building has brought down the R values. The Rwork,Rfree stand at 0.29,0.35 (monomer search model) and 0.30, 0.35 (dimer search model). There is good scope for building residues in both cases. But which one do I go ahead with is my question.

Thanks,

Satvik