Hi Narayanan,We had similar problems with a membrane protein. It did bind Ni-NTA resin strongly. We washed out the resin (Ni-NTA) with high imidazole to sealer all other proteins and eluted out protein with very small concentration of SDS at room temp with shaking. Please read our paper in- Huang et al., Biochemistry, 49, 1115-1126, 2010Hope this procedure can help you too.Smita