I don’t think they are an entirely volunteer run organisation. I share Pat’s worries about this. The ARA won’t advertise in its recruitment bulletin posts that don’t pay a certain amount and yet here we have what sounds to be a significant professional role being advertised on the listserv as suitable for an unqualified volunteer.

I am not a lawyer but I wonder where this leaves the minimum wage obligation as well.

Angela

Mrs Angela Kenny

Archivist & Alumni Relations

Royal Commission for the Exhibition of 1851

453 Sherfield Building

Imperial College

London SW7 2AZ

Twitter:   @royalcom1851