Hi everyone

We are reviewing our management of invigilators and would be interested to understand the role types other institutions have for external invigilators and associated pay rates.  I’ve had a look at the mailbase archive and from what I can see this was last asked in 2015, therefore I’m curious to establish the current position.

We only have 5 venues where the Senior Invigilator role is used. This is either where the Senior is leading a team or where the number of examinations within the room results in complex organisation.  All other venues have two standard invigilators allocated.  Where we allocate a scribe or reader, we also allocate a standard invigilator at those venues.  Each role is paid an hour wrap around time, this is for set up of the venue, and tidy up, return / completion of paperwork.

Our current rates (inc holiday pay) are:

Senior Invigilator:                     £13.75ph

Invigilator / Scribe / Reader:     £11.23ph

I’d be interested to know the following:

Do you use external invigilators?

If so, what roles do you employ them for?

What are your current rates of pay?

Do they include holiday pay?

Do you pay any type of wrap around?

I’ll collate a summary of all responses I receive and circulate.

Many thanks

Andrea

Andrea Davies

Exams, Certification and Graduation Manager Rheolwr Arholiadau, Ardystio a Graddio

Academic Registry Gofrestrfa Academaidd

University of South Wales │Prifysgol De Cymru

Pontypridd

CF37 1DL

Tel │Ffôn: 01443 482595 / 01443 482015

http://www.southwales.ac.uk

http://sas.southwales.ac.uk/

cid:image001.png@01D236BD.B5FAD840

Confidential and legally privileged information may be contained in this message. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else or take any action based upon its contents. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the University of South Wales.

Fe all cynnwys yr e-bost hwn fod yn gyfrinachol ac yn gyfreithiol freintiedig. Os derbyniwyd yr e-bost hwn trwy gamgymeriad, dylid hysbysu'r anfonydd, dileu'r e-bost ac ni ddylid copïo’r e-bost na chyflawni unrhyw weithred ar sail ei gynnwys. Barn neu safbwyntiau'r awdur yw'r rhai a fynegir yn yr e-bost hwn ac nid ydynt o angenrheidrwydd yn adlewyrchu barn Prifysgol De Cymru.