Monad Journal Launch Symposium & ‘Makers of Change’ After Party
University of Northampton, 7th Nov.

The provisional programme has been posted for the ‘Trans- States’ sponsored symposium at University of Northampton, 7th Nov.

To register FREE for the symposium visit: http://monad-launch.eventbrite.co.uk

(First 50 registrants are free, nominal charge applied after these spaces are taken.) A lunch and refreshments will be provided.

10.00-10.45: Registration and coffee
(Newton Grand Hall, Newton Building, Avenue Campus, University of Northampton)

10.45 Introductions

11.00 Panel 1 – Transformative Practitioners

Stephen Godfrey (Artist) & Cavan McLaughlin (University of Northampton)
Phototerragrams: Organic and photo-chemical collaborations with the earth.

Arte Artemiou (University of Northampton)
Imagining a Transformative Performative Education

Anne Crossey (Artist & Independent Scholar)
The Emperor is Wearing No Clothes: Clothing as metaphor in Thomas Carlyle’s Sartor Resartus

Carlos Ruiz Brussain (ERAM Escola Universitaria – University of Girona)
Nailing the Snake: Dealing with the elusiveness of liminal experiences in self-transformative creative practice and research.

1.00 – 2.00 Lunch and film screenings

2.00 – 4.00 Panel 2 – Transformative Practices

Luc Robene (University of Bordeaux) & Solveig Serre (Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique)
Negotiating borders between hegemonic culture and the restricted culture of subversion: How to write the history of the punk scene in France (1976-2016)?

Alasdair Gordon-Finlayson (University of Northampton)
Title TBC (presentation on meditation)

Peter Duchemin (Memorial University of Newfoundland)
Designing a Transformative Chronology: Experiments in calendar construction.

David Luke (University of Greenwich)
Psychedelics as Transformative Praxis

4.00 – 4.30 Coffee break

4.30 – 5.30 Panel 3 – Monad Journal Launch Discussion Panel

Roy Wallace (University of Northampton), Cavan McLaughlin, Carlos Ruiz Brussain, Helena Blakemore (University of East London), Luc Robene, Solveig Serre

Then, in the evening, after a few hours break for dinner and time to freshening up, our Transition event format will be making a very special return to the Phoenix Bar in Northampton.

Special guests include: World-renowned author Alan Moore; legendary ska-punk band Inner Terrestrials; comedian, musician and writer Andrew O’Neill; and writer-poet Sophie Sparham.

To book your tickets for Transition (after party) visit: http://makersofchange.eventbrite.co.uk

Transition events aim to bring innovative, independent and academic research, about methods of realising progressive change, to the wider community, while providing a safe, shared, creative, recreational space for everyone. We will continue to investigate the principle of transformative practice, over a beer or two with performances from our special guest, all of whom are both hugely entertaining and inspiring examples of how you can 'be the change you want to see in the world'.

To find out more about the Monad Journal and Project visit: http://www.monadjournal.com

Kind regards,
Cavan

Cavan McLaughlin

Senior Lecturer in Media Production
DDI: +44 (0)1604 89322

northampton.ac.uk
trans-states.org

University of Northampton, Maidwell Building, Avenue Campus,
St Georges Avenue, Northampton, NN2 6JD. United Kingdom

University of Northampton: Transforming Lives and Inspiring Change www.northampton.ac.uk This e-mail is private and may be confidential and is for the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient you are strictly prohibited from using, printing, copying, distributing or disseminating this e-mail or any information contained in it. We virus scan all E-mails leaving The University of Northampton but no warranty is given that this E-mail and any attachments are virus free. You should undertake your own virus checking. The right to monitor E-mail communications through our networks is reserved by us.