Dear UKMCG Members,

Apologies for any cross-posting.

The Royal College of Physicians is developing a handling collection and I wondered if anyone was in the process of deaccessioning medical objects, books or paper materials which could be relevant?

We are hoping to acquire items around the themes of diagnosis (stethoscopes, otoscopes), treatment (measuring glasses, enemas, doctor’s bags), home care (feeding cups and spoons), anatomy (models), administration (prescription forms, registers, certificates), printed medical books (handbooks, textbooks etc) and materia medica – although any items related to the history of medicine are welcome!

Similarly, if you are happy to share more information about your own handling collections and items you’ve felt have worked particularly well (or didn’t!) I would be very interested to hear more.

Thank you for your help,

With best wishes,

Kristin

Kristin Hussey | Curator

LAM Services | Royal College of Physicians

11 St Andrews Place | Regent’s Park | London NW1 4LE

Direct line +44 (0)20 3075 1315 | Fax +44 (0)20 7486 3729 | www.rcplondon.ac.uk | facebook | twitter | linkedin

'A cabinet of rarities': the curious collections of Sir Thomas Browne | 30 January – 31 July and 1 September – 1 December 2017 | Open Mon–Fri 9am–5pm

Explore the extraordinary life of RCP physician, philosopher, collector and polymath Sir Thomas Browne and his curious approach to the world through his writing and his collection.

cid:image001.jpg@01D2FFA8.AA9ADC70

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the sender that you have received the message in error before deleting it. Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Thank you for your co-operation.